Sunday, October 4, 2009

Participating in ITForum Discussion

I noticed that a classmate had posted a question to the ITForum for which I had a reasonable response. The question, "Can anyone recommend a software program that would allow a technology teacher to create a skills based assessment?" to which I responded,
"I would recommend a free program very similar to Captivate called Jing. Jing does not allow editing but does allow online capture of both screen shots and screen video with voice narration. The maximum duration for a video is 5 minutes and the files can be saved to the computer or shared online using the Jing server. If interested, the website is simply www.jing.com."

From reading the other responses, I learned of several other technologies that do much the same as Jing and Captivate. I look forward to researching these to add to my list of technology tools.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Jing so I will have to look it up. What type of technology do you all use on the Technology in Motion program? Do you know of any colleges in the Central Alabama area with the same iniatitive?

    ReplyDelete